Monday, December 9, 2013

Weeks 7 & 8

At this point, I submit my nomination for qualification as a New Yorker. This weekend some tourists said "are you from here?" and I said "yes" (and confirmed their directions to the subway). However, with a friend's help I finally understood the express/local train thing: there are trains that are express (e.g., A) and trains that are local (e.g., C). OK, fine, but sometimes ("late nights") the express trains (e.g., A) stop at the local stops, which is what confused me. Now I should be all set.

Over the past two weeks, I:

Took the kids out for froyo in Tallahassee
Checked out the Trump Zamboni in Trump Central Park
Checked out this cool Assyrian thing looted from some ancient structure
Saw this tree.

Also saw a show and another show and ate very well and very well and very well.


Here's a picture of today's work event: single malt Scotch tasting. For the record, my favorite was the Lagavulin 12 Cask Strength. Seems like my job is pretty good...



No comments:

Post a Comment